Hexa-Cover® Oil & Gas Duty is designed to:
- Reduce emissions such as BTEX benzene, Toluene, Ethylbenzene and Xylene. Eliminate or reduce water vapour that act as a carrier of VOCs that add to odour problems
- Reduce heat loss resulting in lower operating costs. Insulation for liquid surface in a heated crude oil tank lowers operating costs for CHOPS facilities and central processing batteries.
- Reduce offensive and carcinogenic BTEX odours.
- Reduce tank head space corrosion by lower levels of humidity above the liquid level.
- Reduce or possibly eliminate expensive defoaming chemicals.
- Reduce energy needed to reach optimum process temperatures.
- Reduce the amount of water vapour generated as steam. Steam causes icing of the thief hatch and the transport of other odours from the tank.
Hexa-Cover® Oil & Gas Duty:
- Chemically compatible with heavy oil components up to temperatures of 100 °C and for SAGD dilbit sales tanks
- Resistant to weight gain
- Polymer is anti-static surface with a value of 3.7 x 1009 Ω
- Resistant to thermal shock. Tested at -40 °C to +100 °C for sudden rapid temperature exposure
- Can be installed while existing tanks are in operation
Mguard Distribution of Hexa-Cover® product line.
Hexa-Cover® Floating Cover System – Designed specifically to cover wastewater tanks and lagoons, the Hexa-Cover® floating cover system has become well recognized as an effective and efficient floating cover. Originally designed and manufactured in Denmark, the unique cover is used on all kinds of liquids to eliminate evaporation, organic growth, emission and odour. Since its launch in 2004, Hexa-Cover® Floating Cover has been chosen for a vast number of installations globally, making the Hexa-Cover® Floating Cover a market leading solution.
Since 2014, Mguard Sdn. Bhd. signed a distribution agreement with Hexa-Cover®, Denmark to be the sole distributor for the Malaysian and asian market.
Floating covers are typically used for liquid control or collection. They allow water to aerate but not evaporate. In low rainfall areas, using floating Hexa-Covers in conjunction with rainwater catchment dams prevents evaporation and provides a stable water source.
Hexa-Covers are a proactive, environmentally friendly solution for:
- Evaporation control
- Organic/ algae growth
- Emission minimization
- Odor control
- Bird deterrent purposes
- Heat loss.
Hexa-Covers can be put to use on all forms of basins, lagoons, reservoirs, containers, ponds and tanks. They are effective, easy, maintenance free and long lasting, with a very simple installation Cover is an amazing cover on almost any kind of liquids.
Hexa-Cover® Floating Cover is the ideal solution for:
process. They are also ethically sustainable, as they are made from recycled ‘invisible’ plastic.
The unique and patented Hexa-Cover® Floating is the ideal solution for:
- Evaporation control, will reduce evaporation upto 99%
- Organic/algae control, full coverage will eliminate algae growth
- Emission minimization, BOD levels will meet government regulations.
- Odor control, Odor will be eliminated, local community will be grateful
- Heat loss.
Today Hexa-Cover® Floating Cover is in use on all forms of basins, lagoons, reservoirs, containers, ponds and tanks.
Reservoirs for fire protection, irrigation water, collected surface water reuse
Spill over tanks
Wastewater tanks and reservoirs
Cooling/process water reservoirs
Water settlement lagoons
Slurry/manure tanks (pigs, cows, poultry)
Hexa-Covers® are now available in two sizes to accommodate the required application. When launched back in 2004 the Hexa-Cover® Floating Tile technically were named the “R114”, as per the diagonal measure we have references for to stop water evaporation in reservoirs over 100.000 m2.
Understanding the effectiveness of the Hexa-Cover® tiles as a liquid floating cover, Oil and Gas applications include: Boiler Feedwater SAGD, Sour Sand Slurry tanks, Process Water Ponds, Purified Tailing Ponds, Frac Water Tanks and API separator.
The new tile Hexa-Cover® Oil & Gas Duty maintains the hexagonal shape with the symmetric ribs to ensure the tiles will interlock naturally and uniformly on the surface of the heavy oil. Test results have been extremely positive with the following results:
- Reduced emission such as BTEX and VOCs
- Reduced heat loss
- Reduced odors
- Reduced tank corrosion
- Reduced defoaming Chemicals
We invite you to view the information on our website and welcome any requests for any additional information your may require to see how the Hexa-Cover® product may apply to your project.